The following information is taken from http://www.ukbmd.org.uk/genuki/chs/newtonbymiddlewich.html
"NEWTON (near Middlewich)
- Newton was a township in Middlewich ancient parish, Northwich hundred (SJ 6966), which became a civil parish in 1866.
- The civil parish was abolished in 1894 to become parts of Middlewich and Kinderton.
- It included the hamlets of Newton Bank and Newton Heath, and most of the town of Middlewich.
- The population was 943 in 1801 and 1500 in 1851.
- 1892 March 25 — Gained the whole of Sutton (near Middlewich) (pop. 35 in 1901)
- 1894 September 30 — Abolished and divided between Kinderton (pop. 195 in 1901) and Middlewich (pop. 2872 in 1901)
Churches and Chapels
- Middlewich: St. Michael & All Angels (Church of England). The ancient parish church for the township of Newton."
Newton’s house charity is Cancer Research. This year we have raised money by holding a non-uniform day and taking part in a Swimathon . We also had a donation from Middlewich Rotary Club.
Newton, the house that all others aspire to be.