Within our vision for ‘Excellence in Learning and Achievement for All’ students will be fully supported working from home if required to do so. The high quality, ambitious curriculum delivered within school, face to face, will be mirrored for home learning.
Preparation for learning from home aims to:
- Set assignments so that pupils have meaningful and ambitious work each day in a number of different subjects.
- Teach a planned and well-sequenced curriculum so that knowledge and skills are built incrementally, with a good level of clarity about what is intended to be taught and practised in each subject.
- Provide frequent, clear explanations of new content, delivered by a teacher in the school or through high-quality curriculum resources and/or videos.
- Gauge how well pupils are progressing through the curriculum, using questions and other suitable tasks and set a clear expectation on how regularly teachers will check work.
- Enable teachers to adjust the pace or difficulty of what is being taught in response to questions or assessments, including, where necessary, revising material or simplifying explanations to ensure pupils’ understanding.
- Plan a programme that is of equivalent length to the core teaching pupils would receive in school, ideally including daily contact
The aims will be achieved by:
- School’s investment in the highest quality digital learning platforms e.g. Google Classrooms (June 2020), Show My Homework application
- All relevant/current curriculum resources made available for students to access at home
- Digital face to face sessions scheduled to allow student access to their class teachers
- Live digital learning sessions streamed to students
- Responsive online assessment to provide feedback
- Signposting to high quality curriculum support materials e.g. Oak National Academy
- Signposting to high quality wellbeing advice and support
- Relevant texts, assessment booklets and stationary provided to match the sequenced curriculum
- Daily contact for vulnerable children
- Weekly contact for students and families in need of support and guidance
- Hardware provided for students in need e.g. Laptops and wifi dongles