"Inspiring pupils to become global citizens."
Mrs A Young BSc (HoD)
Miss K Holt BSc
Mrs C Anderson BSc
Miss C Shepherd BSc
Geography stimulates an interest in places and helps make sense of a complex and dynamic world. It explains how places and landscapes are formed, how a diverse range of economics and societies are interconnected. It builds on pupils' own experiences to investigate at all scales.
- Pupils will understand the physical and human characteristics of real places at different scales.
- Pupils will know where places and landscapes are located and understand the interaction between them.
- Pupils will understand the interdependence of different places.
- Pupils will understand what leads to change in places, landscapes and societies.
- Pupils will understand sustainable development and our impact on the environment.
- Pupils will appreciate differences and similarities between people and places and how people’s values and attitudes differ.
KEY STAGE 3
|Year 7||What is Geography & Map Skills||Settlement||Weather & Climate||Crime||Africa||Glaciation|
|Year 8||Tectonics||Ecosystems||Population||The Water Cycle & River Systems||Russia||Energy, Industry, use of Natural Resources & Climate Change|
|Year 9||Coasts||China||Water||Development & Aid||GIS||Mock CA|
KEY STAGE 4
We follow AQA Specifiation A. The topics we cover are:
- The Living World
- The Restless Earth
- The Coastal Zone
- Eco Club – members of all years work together to help improve the school environment.
- Recycling Team – volunteers recycle paper to support local Community Centre.
- Middlewich Clean Team – both groups help to support the work of the Middlewich Clean Team.
- Fair Trade Shop – run by pupils during Fair Trade Week.
OTHER DEPARTMENTAL INFORMATION
Geographical enquiry encourages questioning, investigation and critical thinking about issues affecting the world and people’s lives, now and in the future. Fieldwork is an essential element of this.
- Year 7 – Pupils carry out an investigation into tourism in Castleton.
- Year 8 – Pupils investigate land use in part of Cheshire.
- Year 9 – Pupils investigate crime and its prevention in the local area.