"Inspiring pupils to become global citizens."
- Pupils will understand the physical and human characteristics of real places at different scales.
- Pupils will know where places and landscapes are located and understand the interaction between them.
- Pupils will understand the interdependence of different places.
- Pupils will understand what leads to change in places, landscapes and societies.
- Pupils will understand sustainable development and our impact on the environment.
- Pupils will appreciate differences and similarities between people and places and how people’s values and attitudes differ.
KEY STAGE 3
KEY STAGE 4
We follow AQA
The topics that we study are
- The challenge of natural environments
- The living world
- Physical landscapes in the UK
- Urban issues and challenges
- The changing economic world
- The challenge of resource management
- Geographical Applications
As part of their studies, all GCSE students must take part in two field trips, one to Edale to conduct a rivers investigation, and one to Salford Quays to assess the impact of regeneration in the area.