"The future is ICT."
Mr S Underwood BA (HoD)
Mrs H Melfi BA
Mr P Timms - ICT Network Manager
Mr T Chamberlain - ICT Technician
The ICT department is a major success. We keep up to date with the latest innovations and provide students with the opportunity to develop their ICT skills using a variety of different software. Students are encouraged to work independently and explore their own creativity.
To develop essential ICT skills needed in future life.
To create a safe and purposeful environment.
To deliver a diverse and exciting curriculum.
To develop skills using a variety of software.
To ensure all pupils make progress.
KEY STAGE 3
At Key Stage 3 students have one ICT lesson per week and complete 3-4 projects per year. Each project is designed to introduce new ICT skills, enhance existing skills and prepare students for GCSE. Students use a variety of ICT software such as: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, Access, Movie Maker, website editing software such as Mediator, multimedia software to create animations such as Kool Moves and Pivot Stickman and Scratch for computer programming.
KEY STAGE 4
At Key Stage 4 students have one ICT lesson per week.
Edexcel Certificate in Digital Applications (CiDA) GCSE
This is a qualification for creative students with a passion for digital applications. It aims to empower students to play an active role in the digital sector rather than being simply consumers of digital content. It is tailor made to meet the needs of today’s creative industries, the qualification covers imaging, creative multimedia, website development and computer game production.
- CiDA promotes the creative use of digital applications, enabling students to make the leap from passive consumers to active digital producers of digital content.
- It is a real-life, outcome-driven qualification which inspires and challenges students to demonstrate what they know and are able to do in real-world contexts.
- The project-based nature of this qualification allows students to progress at their own speed and showcase what they are capable of.
25% external examination. This takes form of a practical computer-based website development task.
75% coursework to be completed in school.
- Computer programming club available for Gifted and Talented students to develop skills beyond the classroom.
- Students selected to become Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) Champions to create and select content for the school VLE.
- 24-hour access to the school VLE and website.
OTHER DEPARTMENTAL INFORMATION
Our results at both Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 are consistently high:
Key Stage 3
Level 5+ 93%
Level 6+ 75%
Level 7+ 35%
Key Stage 4
A* - C 99%
A* - A 33%