GCSE Physical Education provides students with the knowledge and understanding of how to live a healthy and active lifestyle, enabling them to make informed choices about their own physical development.
Our GCSE specification will enable students to:
- Develop knowledge and practical skills in a range of physical activities.
- Examine the effects of exercise and how training can improve performance.
- Find ways to improve their own performances in a variety of roles.
- Identify ways to develop and maintain a healthy and active lifestyle through participation in physical activity.
- More variety: A wide choice of roles and activities, giving students the flexibility to be a leader/official as well as a player to expand their enjoyment of the course.
- A practical focus: With 60% coursework, this is a very practical course that gives students ample opportunity to show what they can do.
- Accessible exam papers with a great choice of questions, including multiple choice, short and long answers.
This specification is particularly suitable for students who wish to continue their studies in further education and for those who are interested in related career opportunities. As well as improving students personal health and fitness and technical ability, GCSE Physical Education also can develop students character and confidence. Students will learn valuable skills in leadership and coaching that will undoubtedly challenge them to be aspirational and successful citizens in all walks of life beyond their time here at Middlewich High School.
Head of Department: Mr A Denham